Friday, July 8, 2011

Nap Time

Napping is one of my favorite pastimes that I wish I could enjoy more.  While people may frown upon naps in our very fast-paced American society, many famous and brilliant people were known for napping:  Albert Einstein, Leonardo DaVinci, Winston Churchill, and Eleanor Roosevelt to name just a few.  So I like to think being a napper puts me in good company.  Well, now we need to start adding Kenyans to the list.  One thing I love about this country is the freedom without judgement or guilt to just lay down wherever you are and take a nap.  It is not uncommon to find people napping in the fields, along the road, or around town.  Walking around the hospital, you will see nurses, staff, visitors, or patients taking a nap in the grass.  Here are just a few pics of people napping around Eldoret.

Is work slow, why waste time - take a nap
 
Rebecca, our maid, taking her usual nap during lunch time in the grass outside our house

Why not just sleep on this slab of concrete near a big hole in the ground?  Don't roll over! 

Looking at these pictures is making me sleepy.  Yay, Nap Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment