Saturday, February 5, 2011

Time for Ice Cream

Indiana University's partnership with Kenya provides a medical exchange for students and residents to rotate on the wards here.  For most trainees, it is their first experience practicing medicine in a resource-limited setting.  And even for the more seasoned travelers, there are still difficult and overwhelming days.  I often find myself on the listening end of many of these bad days, trying to provide some validation, insight, and encouragment to frustrated residents.  After a rough week on the wards, one of our pediatrics residents was over it all, ready to go home.  Sometimes words just won't suffice.  At this point, I knew it was time....time for some ice cream!

Yum...Strawberry Milkshakes!
Of course, I have already scoped out the town for the best treats.  For milkshakes, it's the Sizzler.  Nothing like a little taste of home to make the day better.  Bring on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment